- Students are expected to arrive on time for lessons. Late arrivals are disruptive to the other students and the teacher. If a child continues to be late for lessons, the teacher will decide whether the child is to be excluded. Late arrivals will miss the warmup and therefore be prone to injury during the class.
- Do not enter the hall if there is another lesson in progress. Wait outside quietly.
- Enter the hall in a respectful manner, no running or shouting will be tolerated
- Demonstrate good behaviour. Disruptive children may be excluded from the class. If you child is excluded, the remainder fees for the term will be refunded subject to £15.00 admin charge.
- Conduct yourself in a way to show mutual respect for others in the class
- Be prepared for lessons dressed in the correct uniform. No other footwear will be allowed.
- No jewellery is to be worn
- Long hair must be tied up neatly and ensure all fringe is tied back out of the face
- Ensure your child has a drink of water with them at each class. NO FIZZY DRINKS.
- NO CHEWING GUM OR FOOD IS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM!
- All students are require to wear the correct uniform for their class. Leotard, skirt, tights or socks and soft ballet shoes (pink-girls/black-boys) Cardigans are optional
- All uniform can be ordered through the online uniform shop
- Payment is due at the time of ordering
- All returns incur a £2.95 postage and packaging fee
- All returned items must be unworn and in original packaging on the day
- Exchanges can only be made if uniform is unworn and in original packaging
FEES are payable in advance TERMLY
- Late fees will incur a penalty of £10.00 and your child’s place could be given to someone else.
- All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason eg: sickness, holiday, etc.
- If your child misses 3 consecutive lessons (without prior notice), the place will be offered to someone else on the waiting list and you will NOT receive a refund.
- On enrolment you will be sent an invoice for the terms fees in advance
- Students with outstanding fees will not be entered for examinations
SAFE DANCE PRACTISE
All dance classes come with a small amount of risk of injury. Kate’s school of Dance are committed to the well being of its students and ensure safe dance practice.
- A risk assessment is carried out of each premises
- An accident book is kept on site at all times and any accidents or incidents are recorded and parents informed immediately.
- Kate’s School of dance follows the voluntary code of conduct set by the Council for Dance Education and Training.
- Kate’s School of Dance will not be held liable should an accident/incident occur
- All teachers are first aid trained
- We would like all students to commit to take part in the School Show and performances
- Children who miss more than 3 lessons of the term, will NOT be part of shows or performances.
- Children who enrol after half term, will NOT be selected to perform in shows or performances.
From time to time, Kate’s School of Dance will take photos or video during lesson times and at shows and performances. This will be for advertising purposes only or for parents to purchase. Please speak to a teacher if you have any objections.
Kate’s School of Dance may occasionally change lesson times and venue due to hall availability/teacher training/events. Notice will be given before any changes happen.
**BY COMPLETING AND SIGNING THE ENROLMENT FORM, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING AND AGREEING TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.